Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What Happens in Vegas: "Get Equal" Blocks the Strip?

How did I miss this? Here I am, an intrepid Las Vegas blogger, and an out-of-town visitor found this before I did? Well, Joe.My.God. has been doing this a lot longer than me, and. . .well. . .I guess he's better at it too.  As in my previous post, I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I'm all an board with Get Equal's mission, just not nuts about their tactics.  I've never really understood protesting in blatantly illegal (and annoying) ways to reach your goal.  I'm sure it works sometimes, but I dunno.  Like Gilda Radner's character Rhonda Weiss said, "I've always found protests kind of pushy and whiny."

And then there is the fact that they're calling Harry Reid out. All well and good (and I'm not against that either), but Reid is so immesureably better than his competition (wack-a-doodle Sharron Angle), I'm not sure he needs any more black eyes just now.  Then again, it is not as if Angle would even approach the issue in her campaign. Would she?

[Excerpt]

GetEQUAL Blocks Las Vegas Strip

Eight members of GetEqual, including Robin McGehee and Dan Choi, were arrested in Las Vegas today after blocking traffic on the city's busiest street in protest of inaction on ENDA by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV). . .

Source: Joe.My.God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...