Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Conservatives Jump to Conclusions?

After all the grousing that liberals were jumping to conclusions about Jared Loughner's political ideology, and other things in the last week and a half, you'd think they'd refrain from doing something similar. And yeah, I know not all conservatives are doing it (and neither were all liberals before), but there's a healthy chunk of the blogosphere and its audience that just pounces on this stuff. It happened with a fake "Laughner" [sic] Facebook page, and it happened with an alleged "applause" sign at Obama's Arizona memorial speech. And it'll happen again. This one can happen on the right or on the left, for sure, I know. But when one side is being highly critical of the other for "jumping to conclusions," they probably ought to be more careful.

[Excerpt]

Wingnuts Have Proof Obama Wanted Applause At Weird Times In Tucson



It has taken some time, but Gateway Pundit figured it out! We now know why those rowdy, unassociated college kids whooped and cheered every time they heard the words “University of Arizona” (“mourning”), at the memorial in Tucson last week: The president’s Jumbotron told them to applaud! It certainly couldn’t be that these wingnuts don’t understand the concept of closed captioning, right? Oh. . .
 
Read more at: Wonkette

2 comments:

  1. Whether the audience was told to applause or not, the audience acted like they were at a pep rally, which was pathetic. In addition, t-shirts? Ok, t-shirts with the victims names or something like that may be appropriate.
    But, I'm sorry the event was more for Obama and Democrats than for the victims and I find that to be a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching the President closely. I never saw him try to amp up or magnify the response he was getting. I actually thought he looked a little uncomfortable with the exhuberant crowd response. It was too boisterous, but I don't fault the President for that. I think he was spot-on, and absolutely appropriate in his words and deeds. As for t-shirts. . .I don't think they were probably necessary, I don't know who made them and passed them out, but it think it's a very minor issue. But then, I really wasn't looking for bones to pick with this event.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...