Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Drunk, Crossdressing Baptist Minister Flashes Kids, Offers Cops Sex


Photo from source, Towleroad.com

My feelings on religion, and particularly on religious hypocrisy are probably already known. I don't have a lot of use for either. As more and more of these stories keep piling up, I don't believe I'm going to change my view anytime soon.

I usually try to excerpt only portions of other blogs' posts, but as this one is so short, and contains links to so many other sites, I decided to post the whole thing. I found it at Towleroad.com, one of my favorite blogs. The site is billed as "a premium site for modern gay men." So keep that in mind if "teh gay" makes you squeamish.

[Excerpt]


A Baptist minister from Bristol, Virginia was arrested in Tennessee and charged with driving under the influence and indecent exposure, according to the Associated Press.

Pastor Tommy Tester, 58, drew attention to himself after relieving himself in front of children at a car wash in Johnson City, Tennessee: "A report also accuses Tester of offering police officers oral sex and says an open bottle of vodka and empty oxycodone prescription bottle was found in his car."

Oh, yeah. He was also wearing a skirt at the time of his arrest.

"Authorities identified Tester as the minister of Gospel Baptist Church in Bristol and an employee of Christian radio station WZAP-AM, also in Bristol. WZAP issued a statement asking for prayers and saying Tester has been suspended during an investigation."
When those Baptist ministers go, they really go.

16 comments:

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...