Friday, September 14, 2007

George Will: Is Fred Thompson Necessary?


Photo captured from video at FredThompson.com (Really!)

I find myself disagreeing with George Will more often than I agree with him. But he's a smart man, and this is an interesting editorial, about the vagueness of Fred Thompson.

I've heard and read quite a few opinions about Fred, and have come away with no real impression of why people like him. People seem to have the same vague, fuzzy like for him, as the vague (but intense) dislike they have for Hillary Clinton. They say he's "Reaganesque." Funny, I read that in editorials long before I started hearing it from people. I guess that bit of propaganda has been catapulted.

[Excerpt]

A Rocky Rollout For Thompson

Fred Thompson's plunge into the presidential pool -- more belly-flop than swan dive -- was the strangest product launch since that of New Coke in 1985. Then, the question was: Is this product necessary? A similar question stumped Thompson the day he plunged.

Sean Hannity, who is no Torquemada conducting inquisitions of conservatives, asked Thompson: "When you look at the other current crop of candidates -- Republicans -- where is the distinction between your positions and what you view as theirs?" Thompson replied: "Well, to tell you the truth, I haven't spent a whole lot of time going into the details of their positions."

He also is unfamiliar with the details of his own positions. . .

Read on at: WashingtonPost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...