Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back in Vegas, Vacation is Over


Image from Getaway Grand Vacations

Well, I'm back in Las Vegas, after a typically draining travel day. Other than a little turbulence, and the usual glacial pace of fellow travellers in front of me everywhere I went, the trip was unspectacular. As always, it leaves the body weary but oddly wide awake. So, hopefully, I'll be able to pop up a few posts before I go to bed.

The family visit was better than usual, with only minor family squabbles and frustrations. I have been trying to shy away from political confrontations with my (conservative) parents, but when I hear a bald Rush Limbaugh-ism, it is difficult to let it lie there, flopping on the ground. And try as I may to reel that sucker in, it always ended in a stalemate.

My sister's baby (whose first birthday was the primary reason for my visit) is adorable, giggly and downright black-heart melting. He's wearing a little helmet these days, to mold his noggin into shape, since he was born early and looked a little like Stewie Griffin for a while. But he loves the thing, which is a huge relief.

While I was away, gas prices soared to juuuussst under the $4.00 mark in Ohio. And Ohio's Secretary of State resigned due to a sex scandal. Otherwise, I've been in something of a news black hole. I did notice that Hillary Clinton is invigorated by a big win in West Virginia, even though it really doesn't change anything. Other than that, I'll be playing catch up here for the next day or so.

Profound thanks to Stupid Monkey Planet for subbing for me, and doing so with his usual style. I hope you enjoyed his contributions, and that he feels free to contribute any time.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...