Friday, July 11, 2008

Separated at Birth: John McCain & Lon Chaney, Sr.

Oh, I am a bad, bad blogger. My last post featured a photo of John McCain which is at best, unflattering. But something about it tugged at my pop-culture memory. I have a thing for "separated at birth" imagery. I've even posted about it before. Sean Hannity looks like Lou Costello, for instance. Or Fred Thompson and and any number of horror movie monsters.

But this particular picture of John McCain (and certainly others) brings to mind the image of Lon Chaney, Sr. as The Phantom of the Opera. This might be mean, you might say. Unfair. Out of bounds. Is it really? In an era where Barack Obama can be pilloried for being simultaneously a "crazy Christian" and a covert Muslim? It may be the two (OK, three) beers I've had before bedtime, but I just couldn't pass it up.

Here you go:

1 comment:

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...