Sunday, October 12, 2008

More Blazing Saddles as Obama/McCain Race

In the post below, I used imagery from the Mel Brooks classic Blazing Saddles to make a point about racism in the Barack Obama/John McCain race for the presidency. The more I thought about it, the more sense it made to me. So, I did a search on the Google for "Barack Obama" + "Blazing Saddles." Not surprisingly, there were quite a few hits.

My favorite, was this video, chronicling the race so far by using clips from the movie. It could benefit from some paring down, but just when I would think it had gone on too long, another choice, perfect moment would come along. You have to stick around for the classic Gene Wilder (Joe Biden) line about "people of the earth." And of course, McCain's (Harvey Korman) reorganization of his campaign. And Madeline Kahn/Lily von Schtupp as Hillary Clinton? Brilliant!

I'd love to see this clip tightened up a little, and see it go viral on the web. Very funny stuff.

2 comments:

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...