Thursday, October 29, 2009

Computer Woes: Blogger's Busted!


If there is one truism among computer users, whether we're Macs or PCs, it's that we're set in our ways. We like the way we do things, and we want to keep doing them that way. Every once in a while, we're thrown a curve, like updating to a new version of our operating system, or they make a change to software we're used to. Other times, a glitch or a bug appears that becomes infuriating.

Last night, I started getting one of those bugs. When I blog, I tend to use AOL 9.5 and Internet Explorer 8 in tandem. Why? Because that's the way I likes it! I do all my research in AOL, and I do the blogging from IE. It's worked pretty well, if not always perfectly. Last night, The Blogger software's "New Post" window stopped accepting the "paste" command. It doesn't work from the mouse, from the toolbar, or from pressing CTRL+V on the keyboard. The only thing that works is to go into "Edit HTML" mode, and paste there. Which is cumbersome for the way I work.

I sought help on Blogger's help board, but found the typical "well have you tried. . ." type non-solutions, suggestions to use FireFox or Google Chrome, and other work-arounds. But no solution was to be found. So, in lieu of a fix, I'm now blogging from Chrome. This is going to take some getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...