Friday, October 16, 2009

George H.W. Bush Decries Incivility by Being Uncivil


Image from source, CBS News

Ah, hypocrisy, thy name is Bush. But not W, HW. Yeah, that one. Unwilling to acknowledge his own role in starting the incivility in politics snowball down the hill (Willie Horton, Lee Atwater, Roger Ailes). . .wouldn't be prudent. No, he points his finger at "the cables," apparently meaning FOX "News" and MSNBC. Then he names some names, Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow. What, no Glenn Beck, Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Bill Kristol, Charles Krauthammer, Bill O'Reilly, Laura Ingraham, Neil Cavuto, Brit Hume or Chris Wallace? Picking two of the only left-leaning cablers (only leaving out Big Ed Schultz)?

I used to be a Republican--hey, I voted for H.W.--so I can see myself on the other side of the divide. From there, I can sort of see Olbermann as a rabble-rouser I'd decry. But Rachel? No way. Too honest, too earnest, too funny. Anyway, here first is the story. I'll have another Rachel Maddow Show clip when it becomes available.

[Excerpt]

Elder Bush Decries Lack of Civility in Politics

. . .Referring to the tone of national discourse he said, "I don't like it. The cables (TV) have a lot to do with it." In the radio interview, Mr. Bush said the volume of criticism aimed at him when he was president was not as "day in and day out. . ."

Read more at: CBS News


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...