Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Happenings of Ye Editor


I'm not sure how much I'll be around for blogging today, if at all. Today, I'm finally getting the top back on the Jeep, after freezing my ears off this week. I'm enlisting the aid of a friend, since The Other Half is away. This is in preparation for the long drive to North Las Vegas. My friend and some time blog contributor Stupid Monkey Planet is hosting a Halloween party tonight, and he lives way across town. No way am I making the drive with no top and no doors!

Tonight's gathering is a costume party, and I don't quite have my costume hammered out yet. I may post pictures tomorrow if all goes well. My first inkling was to do my "Grandpa Greenlee" costume, from a couple years ago. This entails white hairspray, The (much taller) Other Half's pants, pulled up to my rib cage, suspenders and a rolled t-shirt on my back to hunch me over, a cane and some makeup with a scrunched up face. But I didn't fancy spending all evening hunched and coated with white hairspray. This photo is from a work dress-up day, and I actually won the contest. At first, some people didn't even recognize me! I guess I'll have to color my hair if it ever goes completely gray.

Anyway, happy Halloween, everybody! Remember, it's not only Halloween, it's also the end of Daylight Saving Time, and very nearly a full moon. So be ready for a weird night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...