Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Laura Bush For Gay Marriage, Abortion Rights?

Well, well, well. This won't set well with the tea baggers will it?  I remember during the 2004 election, disagreeing with my mom about Laura Bush. My mom--naturally--loved her, and thought she was one of the best first ladies ever.  Me, I knew next to nothing about her. She was invisible, a non-entity news-wise, as far as I know. Laura's personality just didn't shine through in the first term. If it did, I sort of missed it.

After that, she gave a ribald stand-up act at one of those journalist dinners, and I was impressed. After that, my feelings were mixed. I despised her husband of course. And almost every single person in his immediate proximity. But underneath, I always suspected that Laura was going along to get along, patiently putting up with what her husband had drug her into. And I'll bet as a librarian she was mightily embarrassed about him much of the time.  It's nice to know that I may have been right about at least a part of that.

[Excerpt]

Laura Bush supports gay marriage and abortion rights

Now she tells us.




Laura Bush may not have been very vocal about how she felt on gay marriage or abortion when her husband was president, but the former first lady is talking now. (Probably not) coincidentally, it's just in time to promote her new book!

In an interview on "Larry King Live" Tuesday night, Bush said she disagrees with her husband on two key issues that continually popped up during George W. Bush's eight years in office.

On gay marriage, she told CNN show host Larry King: "When couples are committed to each other and love each other, then they ought to have, I think, the same sort of rights that everyone has. . ."

Read more at: Los Angeles Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...