Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hillary Clinton in 2012?

Heh. No, I'm not touting Hillary Clinton for President in 2012.  I caucused in Nevada for John Edwards (ohmigod, can you IMAGINE?), and had to re-caucus for either Clinton or Barack Obama. I picked Obama pretty much on a coin-toss, though the Hillary brigade at our caucus event rubbed me the wrong way, and nudged me to the Obama camp.  Always in the back of my mind was just how much the right hates all things Clinton.  They've transferred their derangement syndrome onto Obama now of course, but they weren't there yet in early 2008.

I have my issues with Obama, and have related them here on the blog. But I haven't given up on him yet.  The demonization of the man (and the similar demonization of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid) is so out of scale, so contrary to reality, that I find myself in an instinctive defensive posture.  He ain't perfect, but he ain't all that bad.  He's certainly better than John McCain (and *shudder* Sarah Palin), and I can't imagine him being replaced by another candidate, let alone Clinton.  Still, I'm sure this dentist's (What's with the dentists anyway? Is he related to Orly Taitz?) ad gives Mrs. Clinton a little smile. And the leftover PUMAs are probably delighted, though they'll be stumping for Palin.

[Excerpt]


Dentist starts 2012 ad race by touting Hillary Clinton for president





This could make for awkward chatter at the White House: Even before the 2010 midterms are over, a Chicago dentist has started the 2012 ad race with a spot that supports Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for president. . .

Read more at: Washington Post

Hat-tip to Dan at Las Vegas Badger again for the link.  Full disclosure:  Dan's a conservative blogger--technically a rival--but we've got a little friendly banter going.

2 comments:

  1. Rival? Nah and we probably have more in common than not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right. Did you ever fix your computer problem? I can probably help with that.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...