Monday, January 17, 2011

Gov. LePage (R-Maine), MLK Day and Racial Politics

Image from source, Think Progress.
Are all Republicans turning
into turtles?
There are times when I blog about things I deeply care about, some times when I find something that is merely entertaining or amusing, and other times when I post something just because the photo struck me funny. While I'm sure this Governor LePage guy worthy of scorn, and is probably a real piece of work, I'm merely amused by his photo. It would appear that the man is either doing an impression, or actually turning into Senator Mitch McConnell!

[Excerpt]



LePage Relents, Attends MLK Day Event After Refusing NAACP Invites And Telling Them To ‘Kiss My Butt’


As ThinkProgress reported Friday, Maine’s tea party-backed Gov. Paul LePage (R) declined invitations from the NAACP to attend events honoring Martin Luther King Day today because he said he had prior commitments. When LePage was criticized for skipping the events, he fired back, saying, “I am not going to beheld hostage by a special interest group,” and telling the civil rights group to “kiss my butt. . .”

Read more at: Think Progress

2 comments:

  1. Shoot, a Maine Republican is like a Nevada Democrat (Harry Reid excepted)
    Hope your non-smoking is going well and good luck, James, with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dan. Wrapping up Day 15, and still cold turkeying it. White knuckling it too, but only once or twice a day!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...