Monday, January 10, 2011

Rachel Maddow Covers Arizona Shootings

I'm not anti-gun, particularly. I grew up around them, I learned how to shoot them and handle them properly. But I'm also aware that the world is not an action movie, and most of us are not Dirty Harry. A heavily armed populace scares the crap out of me if I think about it too hard. I personally think that about 80% of drivers ought to have their licenses taken away, so how strenuously can I advocate that everybody have a gun? Particularly the semi- or fully-automatic kind that have one purpose: killing lots of people. The gun and magazine used by that Jared Loughner guy are not used in hunting, and are not needed for personal protection (unless you're defending yourself against the similarly armed). A look at the clip below is sobering evidence that the way we treat the whole issue of handguns in this country isn't working very well. Solutions? I honestly have no idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...