Tuesday, September 3, 2013

OK, Everybody. Back to Work!

"So, what is it you'd say that ya DO here?"
Back to work!
This marks the end of not only a nice extended break from real life, but the symbolic end of summer. We really have a few weeks left of the season, and until early November before we get back to Standard Time (and really dark early evenings), but this is when the year starts to landslide into Halloween-Thanksgiving-Christmas-New Year's. Faster every year (trust me, kids).

For me, it's also the end of the summer I was least engaged in blogging, since I started this little enterprise in 2007. It's not that there wasn't any news to report, or outrages to be outraged about. There was and is. But I make it my policy to report on mostly things that interest and engage me. And while I will occasionally comment on big newsworthy events that aren't really in my "zone," this summer I haven't been much interested in the endeavor. But that was the summer. Fall is falling soon, and it's time to get back in the game.

So, for the small group of people who checks in here on a regular basis (and thanks to both of you!), expect a renewed vigor to the blog in the coming days and weeks. There will be a down week in October--everyone needs an actual vacation, and not just a staycation--but it's mostly going to be back to blogging at usual strength from here on out. Blast from the Past will return next week, and I'm going to be trying to focus on my regular features again, where possible.

So, happy Monday Tuesday, everybody! Let's get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...