Sunday, September 30, 2007

Classic TV Themes: Saturday Morning

I know, I know, it's Sunday morning. But I feel the blog needs another dose of fun, and I got to thinking about how boring Sunday morning TV was when I was a kid. Religious sermons, Meet the Press (which I never miss today!), and Davey and Goliath. Ugh. No, Saturday morning was where it was at, and these were some of my favorites.

#1 - Superfriends - The ultimate for a DC Comics fan like me. This was in the unfortunate "Wendy, Marvin and Wonderdog" first season, but it has a warm spot in my heart anyway.

#2 - Scooby Doo, Where are You? - The first version of Scooby Doo, a show that changed a little too much and too often. The first season was the best, and the theme song rocked.

#3 - Josie & the Pussy Cats - Yeah, I know, apparently I would watch just about anything. But, the theme song was pretty cool, eh?

#4 - The Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm Show - Yabba Dabba Doosy! One of the early cartoon "spin-offs," one you don't see much anymore. Maybe for a reason. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...