Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Heroes, Season Two: A Mini Review


Photo from NBC.com

I was eagerly awaiting the 2nd season premiere of NBC's Heroes, and I'm relieved to say, I wasn't disappointed. I'd rather NBC had approved a two-hour season premiere, one that could have showcased all of the heroes we're familiar with, but I'll take what I can get.

They were wise to jump four months ahead in the story. It allows them to fill in the gaps as the season goes on, while propelling us head-on into the story. Hiro's adventure in the 1600s is cute, but I hope they don't dwell too much on that. I'm anxious to see Nichelle Nichols (Star Trek's Lt. Uhura), too. I don't want the season to unspool too fast, but I am excited to see what happens!
I'm thinking the story of the brother and sister in Latin America will be something like: "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!" though they are working in a little more of that moral ambiguity, as with Nikki.

The only thing I can say that hit a sour note was the faux-Irish accents toward the end. It did, however set up a new mystery: what the hell happened to Peter Petrelli? And also, I'm so impressed with the acting and presence of Hayden Panettiere. Please, Hayden, I'm begging you, do not turn into another Lindsay Lohan!

I'm hooked, NBC, keep it coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...