Thursday, September 27, 2007

Free Republic Crosses a Line



I've harped (a lot) on FreeRepublic.com, for being nasty, hateful and juvenile. Type "Free Republic" or "Freeper" into the search box at the top of this page to see earlier articles.

To write another post on the subject might be somewhat redundant. But the following topic really crosses a line in my view. The particular thread I'm highlighting below is on the subject of Ahmadinejad's ridiculous claim that there are no homosexuals in Iran.

The Freepers respond to this in their typical Junior High School manner, but with a darker and nastier twist than usual. While the comments are themselves nasty, it is the graphic element that I was appalled by. Namely, images of Iranians (presumably gay) hanging from nooses. And I can assure you, the Freepers are not showing these images because they disagree with them.

Take my word for it, or read on at: FreeRepublic.com

UPDATE: This comment goes lower than I thought even Freepers would go:

"Absolutely I believe the statistics. The AIDS rates are similarly low in free market nations like Singapore that outlaw homosexuality.

Homosexuality is what is primary spreading AIDS in most countries, including the US. So, reducing the amount of homosexual behavior definitely reduces the amount of AIDS in a society.

No what you think of the death penalty directed at homosexuals, the death penalty reduces the amount of a behavior."
by Ol' Sparky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...