Sunday, September 23, 2007

Match Game Star Brett Somers Remembered

Brett Somers, wife of Jack Klugman, and star of The Match Game passed away last week. Of all the pop culture nuggets in my brain, The Match Game was something of a boulder. The show was one of the biggest slabs of orange shag carpeted slabs of cheese on TV in the 70s. I don't know why my brother and I liked is so much--we surely couldn't comprehend the double entendres in the "blanks."

Maybe it was the drunken behavior of stars, Brett Somers, Richard Dawson, Charles Nelson Reilly, and Gene Rayburn. Watching clips today, it is profoundly evident that they were absolutely loaded during these tapings. And Charles Nelson Reilly was even gayer than Paul Lynde, if such a thing is possible. Pure 70s cheesy goodness.

Brett Somers passed away last week, and I'd just like to acknowledge her contribution to the huge filing cabinet of trivial pop culture knowledge in my brain. Rest in ____, Brett! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...