Thursday, March 25, 2010

Columbus's Embarrassment Gets Caught, Apologizes


Image from source, The Columbus Dispatch

Remember that dude from Columbus--my home town--who berated a man with Parkinson's Disease, threw money at him, and embarrassed the whole town (and nation)? Well, somebody figured out who he was, and now he's suddenly oh so sorry. This is what is so worrisome about the whole "mob mentality" that has taken over the conservative/Republican/tea bagger crowd. The feeling of camaraderie makes you do things you might not ordinarily do.

I doubt it will make much of an impact on them though. They have a "tax day" protest planned for April 15th again (though most of them have been unaffected by tax increases). Worst of all, there is a "bring your guns" rally as close as they can legally get to Washington D.C. scheduled for April 19th. . .my friggin' birthday. That's the anniversary of both the Waco standoff and the Oklahoma City bombing. I hope I don't have another "notorious" birthday.

[Excerpt]

Man who threw money at Parkinson’s patient calls behavior ‘shameful’

The man protesting federal health-care legislation who berated and tossed dollar bills at a supporter with Parkinson's disease last week says he is remorseful - and scared.

"I snapped, I absolutely snapped, and I can't explain it any other way," said Chris Reichert in a Dispatch interview. . .

Read more at: The Columbus Dispatch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...