Sunday, March 14, 2010

Peter Graves Dead at 84


Image from source, Huffington Post

Boo. I've liked Peter Graves since I was old enough to understand Mission: Impossible. I especially enjoyed him in the Airplane! movies, and was really irked when they turned Graves' Jim Phelps character into a secret bad guy in the Tom Cruise movie (and if I spoiled that for you, consider that I felt spoiled when I watched it.). So, this is sad news. Living to 84 is a good long life, but I'm sure the closer to 84 I get, the less I'll consider that to be consolation. RIP, Peter!



[Excerpt]

Peter Graves DEAD: Actor Found In Pacific Palisades Home

Peter Graves, the tall, stalwart actor likely best known for his portrayal of Jim Phelps, leader of a gang of special agents who battled evil conspirators in the long-running television series "Mission: Impossible," died Sunday.

Graves died of an apparent heart attack outside his Los Angeles home, publicist Sandy Brokaw said. He would have been 84 this week. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...