Saturday, June 23, 2007

What to Believe?


Posted by NevadaJoe
(Photo from Wikipedia)


This morning I was using Google to read up on Boeing and Airbus, and one of the associated stories was on the AA Boeing 757 that hit the Pentagon on September 11th, 2001. The Pentagon crash was less dramatic than the Twin Towers and without any video footage of the crash, there was little to show the public with the exception of the burning building. I guess I was one of the many who didn't invest much thought into the burning Pentagon, other than adding it to our collective losses of that day.

We heard a number of theories on what happened that day, and it was easy to discount many of them at first. I am not so sure anymore. When you have a group of military and commercial pilots who can discount the official version like this, it begs for follow-up. The official story and data on the Pentagon crash was always a bit thin, but now it seems transparent. I am not well-versed enough on the subject to put forth any theory of my own, but I do encourage you to read and or watch some of the links to groups that have invested their time and energy on the subject.

Being an airline guy and aviation buff I am still captivated by and deeply affected by the video footage from New York that day. It is still impossible to watch without an enormous sense of loss. To imagine that the US government could have been involved with it is so horrific I have refused to even entertain the idea of it. It almost makes me feel like a traitor to entertain these thoughts about our government. And yet I can't dismiss the efforts of these professional pilots to sort through the data and find the truth. I hope they are wrong, I really do, because if they are correct the fate of the passengers and crew of AA flight 77 remains unsolved. If anyone reading this has more information or links they can pass along I would appreciate it.

Here are some links to footage on YouTube: Link One Link Two. As you can see once you get there, there are many others available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...