Saturday, August 4, 2007

Michael Savage Has a Mental Disorder


Photo from dKosopedia.com

I haven't yet said (at least I don't think I have) anything about Michael Savage on my blog to date. But it must be said that out of all of the far-right-wing crazies out there (now masquerading as mainstream), he's the wing-nuttiest. Michael Weiner (his legal name) is hands down the craziest, possibly most dangerous of the right-wing talkers on radio. He's second or third in the overall ratings for talk radio, and he's absolutely certifiable. Don't believe me? Read on. . .

[Excerpt]

Savage: "You're telling me there's no possibility of a conspiracy by the Democrats" to cause Roberts' seizure?

On the July 30 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Michael Savage reacted to news that Chief Justice John Roberts had suffered a seizure that day by raising the possibility that "his health was in some way tampered with by the Democrats." Savage said, "Something's wrong with this picture," after noting that Roberts' seizure occurred just three days after Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) said he would seek in general to reject any future Supreme Court nomination made by President Bush. Schumer told the American Constitution Society (ACS) in a July 27 speech: "I will recommend to my colleagues that we should not confirm any Bush nominee to the Supreme Court except in extraordinary circumstances." Schumer said that, since the confirmation of Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito, the court had come to represent "what a diminishing clique of conservative ideologues wish for.

Savage asked, "Am I to believe there's no connection between Charles Schumer on Friday saying he would never appoint, or never, excuse me, approve another Bush appointment to the court, to any court? And then the chief justice suffers a so-called seizure two days later? You're telling me there's no possibility of a conspiracy by the Democrats to have caused this seizure in some manner?" He added: "Tell me it's not possible, and I'll tell you you're a liar.""


To read more (and listen to audio, if you have the stomach for it), go to: MediaMatters.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...