Saturday, August 4, 2007

Yearly Kos Convention

The "YearlyKos" convention (loosely affiliated with DailyKos, a top tier liberal blog) is underway, and I have to say, I wish I was there. It sounds like quite the invigorating experience. Democrats, liberals and progressives have been shoved to the margins for so long, they're starting to push back, and I believe that is the good thing. The proverbial pendulum just had to swing back eventually. Anyhow, since I'm not there, I have to live vicariously through AmericaBlog and other sites. Here's a quick take on what's going on. Click the link at the bottom of this post for more.

[Excerpt]

YKos media panel

The only person on the panel whose work I was previously unfamiliar with, Jill, is perhaps the most impressive. She's being bypassed a little now that the audience is challenging the MSM [Ed. note: Mainstream Media] representatives (who, I should note, are being great sports and savvy reporters by doing the panel), and the topic is turning toward security issues (which Glenn has covered extensively) but every time she talks I find myself nodding. For example, it's a basic but overlooked point, which she made clearly, that the left wants the media to be accurate, and the right wants the media to be conservative. . .

Read more at AmericaBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...