Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Apple Macintosh-style "No on Prop 8" Ads

I try not to use the same source more than once on any given day on this blog, in an effort to keep the material diverse. I mean, if you want to read a site I'm excerpting, you'll read it yourself, right? And I also try not to focus too much attention on one subject, also to keep the material diverse.

But this subject has a shelf life. Proposition 8 in California comes up for a vote in a couple of weeks, and has the potential to end existing marriages, such as my own. Something about that just doesn't seem right, fair, or particularly American. So, I'm breaking a couple of rules here.

This batch of four videos against Proposition 8 are parodies of the famous "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" ads, and are exceptionally well done. And a dose of Margaret Cho doesn't hurt. Take a look, even if you aren't from California.




Source: Towleroad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...