Thursday, October 2, 2008

Joe Biden/Sarah Palin Debate in Review


As I type this first sentence, the Vice Presidential debate has only been on for about 15 minutes, and I'm tired of Sarah Palin. That voice. The winks. The colloquialisms. "Nuke-yoo-ler." The fact that the stuff she's rattling off she just learned this week. Ugh.

But what was the result? Well, I'm sure the Republican base will be happy with her, even if this really shows more an ability to regurgitate information, rather than real knowledge. I seriously doubt she's gained a lot of new fans though.

More commentary: She got one line directly from Sean Hannity, I'm 100% sure of it, the line about "air raiding civilians." Whatever the validity of the point, it is rendered moot (to me, at least) for having been fed to her by the cretinous Hannity. She's fond of a few standard phrases to stretch out her answers while she's thinking of what to say. . ."also" where doesn't belong for example, or "the American people" or "all these years" or "this great land of ours." And she smiles while attacking, something that makes me want to paste her. Sorry, I just hate that.

Biden for his part was pretty good. Anybody could see that his knowledge comes from having attained it over a career and not over a couple of weeks. He does get tripped on his tongue once in a while. He knows how to pronounce "nuclear," and that's a biggie for me.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent -- I just searched Sarah Wink on google blog search and your blog came up. Good description.

    I only hope that that winking turned off some people who were leaning toward voting Republican.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...