Thursday, February 19, 2009

Actual News About Randi Rhodes/Nova M Collapse


Photo from source, Phoenix New Times

Since The Randi Rhodes Show disappeared from the air, I've done my best to write updates of exactly what is going on. But actual news of the situation has been hard to come by. Mostly, I've had to rely on snippets and statements from the people involved, most of it very vague and inconclusive.

But there is finally a little more information from an actual news source. I continue to hope that Randi lands on her feet, and that she's available online so that I can actually listen to her show again. Nancy Skinner--Randi's replacement--is just a little too cozy with FOX "News" for my taste. And no, I don't think she's a "right wing plant." I just think that her constant appearances on and reference to FOX lends them credibility that they do not deserve.

[Excerpt]

The Pelican Sticks a Fork in Nova M

. . .The cataclysm seemed to become official as the news hit the blogosphere recently that Randi Rhodes's daytime show was kaput. One of the few real talents on the left side of the fence, talk-radio-wise, Rhodes is one of those people blessed with the gift for gab. The woman could jabber on about windshield wipers or the last time she got her toenails done and make it interesting.

The real reason for the split remains unsaid. Anita Drobny has a condescending message on Nova M's site asserting that "Nova M has done everything we can to get her back on the air," and that "Randi now has to make her decisions as to what she must do with her career. . ."

Read more at: Phoenix New Times


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you view on Skinner. I have no desire to listen to her. She is frankly such a step in the wrong direction and tiresome I can't stay tuned. Malloy is the only real talent Nova has now. He and Randi made that network.

    Mike Newcomb seems to love himself so much it's a bit over the edge.
    Jeff Farias was so much better for a local Talker.

    I have no one o listen to in the afternoon until Regan comes on. Big Eddy is about the same as Newcomb.

    Randi Rhodes is equal and different from Hartmann in quality and attitude!

    Ozy

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...