Friday, February 27, 2009

Where in the World is Randi Rhodes?


After a flurry of items, it has been several days since I've posted an update on the Randi Rhodes situation. Randi's been off the air for most of February, after the implosion of Nova M Radio. What is unclear, is whether she left because of that, or if Nova M collapsed because she left.

The news has been spotty and inconclusive. Randi's message board has been missing along with her, except for a vague and not very helpful message from a few weeks ago. But there is encouraging news! Sort of.

While listening to KTLK-AM out of Los Angeles on my computer, there was a curious spot that aired during (inferior) replacement Nancy Skinner's show. It was a crowd shouting, "Who do we want? Randi! When do we want her? Now!" It went by too quickly for me to figure out what it was. A mistake? A protest?

Then, later in the day, there was an actual statement, saying "The Randi Rhodes Show. As soon as she's talking, we'll be listening." Woo hoo! This leads me to believe that a) KTLK must have some sort of information that Randi is coming back, and that b) they're going to carry her show again! Which is great news, because I miss her. This has been a big news month, and Randi's voice would really help me sort out some of this stuff.

Oh, and that image at the top of the post is in rotation on KTLK-AM's home page, so keep hoping!

UPDATE: Even though I've used the internet since about 1992 or so, it didn't occur to me to actually click the image on KTLK's site until after I posted this piece. But once I did, I got this message: "As soon as Randi is back on the 'AIR', we will have her back on KTLK!!!!" Which is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...