Wednesday, February 18, 2009

TruckNutz Cause Stir in South Carolina

Fads are strange things. Back when I was visiting in Ohio, I noticed the strange trend of "barn stars," dimensional stars on the sides of houses, garages and barns. They're all over the place, and no one can really explain why they caught on, or what they're supposed to represent. Or why only stars are used, when you'd think the fad would spread to different shapes.

It reminded me of a similar fad many years earlier, when people all over Ohio decorated their doorsteps with concrete geese. I never figured out what that was about either, though I do remember one outfitted in a Madonna cone bra costume. Another head-scratching fad is TruckNutz, rubber testicles that people hang from their trailer hitches and bumpers. I don't know if they're big in Ohio, but they're causing consternation in South Carolina.

This is just too funny. Especially the serious tone of the reporters, who had to be giggling inside.

1 comment:

  1. GAWD! I hate the metal stars. The more redneck the town...the more stars and geese.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...