Thursday, June 28, 2007

GREENLEE GAZETTE Disclaimer


I recently read Blogging for Dummies, by Brad Hill, to try to get some tips. I'm a new blogger after all, and though I've been a publisher for (depending on where you count from) about 25 years, publishing on the Internet is a whole different animal. One of the tips in the book says that it's considered "bad form" to correct errors without transparency. If you fix something, you're supposed to point it out. I'm not gonna do that.

Now wait, let me be more specific. One of the things I'm finding out about Blogger is that its interface can be kind of cumbersome. Or maddening, depending on your point of view. Extra spaces (see the post below) are a big problem. If you try to edit before posting, you can often make whole words and links disappear. Things that look beautiful in the posting box, look dreadful once published. So, as I learn, I'm going to be fixing things.

If I make an error in attribution, or a whopper of an untrue statement I will make a mea culpa publicly, and transparently. If it's a style or spelling error, sorry, I'm gonna fix it. Likewise, if one of my contributors posts something, and I want to spruce it up, I will. Editor's perogative.

Now, one more note on the post below. I originally published a picture from dKosopedia of Frank Luntz. Liberally biased site, right? Sure, that's why they had a friggin' glamor shot of the guy. Something about that bugged me, so I found a picture from the actual MediaMatters site I linked to. Much more honest picture of good ol' Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...