Saturday, June 30, 2007

How Cool: Pangaea!



Image is Public Domain from Wikipedia

I stumbled upon this graphic while I was in a "wiki-hole." That's where you go in looking for one little tidbit of information, and come out several hours later, having forgotten what your first search was for. It's quite a time-waster, but loads of fun. Anyhow, if the topic of Pangaea fascinates you like it does me, risk the wiki-hole, and click the link. I really had no idea there was so much to it.

Read More at: Pangaea at Wikipedia

EDITOR'S NOTE:
I'll take this opportunity to let acknowledge that while I link often to Wikipedia, I am aware that it is not a perfect source. Wikipedia is sort of a community encyclopedia, with ordinary Joes contributing. While the site is moderated, and constantly revised and updated, it is also frequently hacked. It is therefore often slammed when used as a source. To that I say,
fine. Use it as a jumping off point. You have the whole Internet at your disposal. If you don't think you can trust what's at Wiki, do your homework.

Interestingly, the same folks who slam the Wiki will often cite no sources at all for their opinions, or use nakedly partisan think tanks or sites like NewsMax as refutation. The best rule of thumb is not to trust ANYBODY as a single source. Not me, not Rush Limbaugh, not Randi Rhodes (she'll tell you herself). All I ask is, if you have an opinion (contrary or not), make sure it's based on something. And Wikipedia is a decent place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...