Sunday, December 30, 2007

Featured Site: Landover Baptist Church

Image from source, Landover Baptist Church

While I'm on a religion jag (see here and here), I thought this would be a great time to highlight a fantastic parody website, LandoverBaptist.org. It's the home of Betty Bowers (America's Best Christian), and it's so good that it could fool you into thinking it's a real church website.

If you're lacking a sense of humor or irony that is. This site smacks my funny bone so hard it hurts (but hurts so good). And with the Presidential race turning all Jesusy, you know they're taking gleeful aim. It's completely outrageous, probably blasphemous, sure to inflame people, and right up my alley. Here's a sample. . .

[Excerpt]

Mitt Romney's Hilarious Religious Beliefs!

Friends, I never thought I'd live to see the day when a Mormon cult member would be running for President of this Christian country. Then again, I said the same thing about that Mary Worshipping jackass, John F. Kennedy, and by golly - every uneducated Negro and unchurched low class liberal who thought Catholics were Christians voted that hell bound nin-com-poop into office! . . .

Read more at: Landover Baptist Church

1 comment:

  1. Terrific. And while all of this is important to you--and that's fine--it's meaningless hoo ha to me. On both sides of the arguement. Kind of the point of my post, which features a religion parody.

    I don't think religion has any place in government. As a pluralistic society, we should not be forced to live under laws proscribed by a religion we may not believe in. And I think an honest reading of the writings of our founding fathers bears that out.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...