Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sunday Candidate Roundup, Part II


ABC's This Week with George Stephanopolous is in process as I type this. I've just watched Hillary Clinton's bit, and am in the middle of George's interview with an absolutely cadaverous looking John McCain. Maybe it's just my set, but he looks like he's had a mortician do his makeup. He also seems a little out of it, and is way too soft-spoken. Anyway, on to more of my take on this batch of candidates.

Hillary Clinton - Polished, professional and knows how to command a room. Also cold, calculating, and able to inspire a vague hatred from huge segments of society. I really have no idea why, and neither do they seemingly. I have no doubt she'd do a capable job as President, certainly better than the current occupant of that office. I'm still torn on her potential nomination.

Barack Obama - Seemingly genuine and most "like normal people" of the crowd. But he's showing a troubling comfort with "answer side-stepping" (or ASS). His side-steps, for now though, also seem genuine. I think he'd also do a good job, but his electability may be as big of an issue as Hillary's, due partly to inexperience, and partly to America's inherent racism.

John Edwards - Still my favorite. Shares some of Obama's genuineness, though it's a more polished, and thus possibly faux sincerity. Shows signs of ASS, but is very deft at seeming like he answered the question. Also comes off less desperate and back-peddles less than candidates like Huckabee and Romney.

There you go, my opinions for what they're worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...