Monday, December 31, 2007

Mainstream Recognizing Bush as Dictator?

One of the things that inspired my good mood about the coming New Year was on AOL's front page today (yes, I still use creaky ol' AOL). It was a story headlined "Imperial Presidency?" Interested, I clicked through, and was lead to a page entitled, "Political Machine" with a tagline reading "Cranking 24/7 to Sort the Spin." My mood dimmed, however when spin was all that was happening. Literally, not figuratively. . .a spinning icon is all I could get, no stories. Even the links lead to more spinning icons.

Could it be that the stories on this subject are so popular that they've crashed AOL's servers? Did the powers that be kill the stories? No matter, there's more than one way to skin a cat (sorry kitty).

I found the main story linked to by AOL, and behold, it was by Arianna Huffington, one of my longtime faves. Not quite mainstream, but the fact that she was spotlighted on the front page with a Bush-bashing story lifted my heart a little! It's a couple of days old, but better late than never, AOL. Read on. . .

[Excerpt]

The Imperial Presidency: the '08 Candidates Weigh In

Looking back over the last year, it's one of the most important issues America faced. Looking ahead, it could turn out to be the "sleeper issue" of the 2008 presidential race.

I'm talking about executive power, the way it is used -- and has been abused over the last 7 years. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...