Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kennedy Center Honors Mel Brooks

I love Mel Brooks. Seriously. I think I've watched his films more times than virtually any others. Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, Silent Movie, History of the World Part I and High Anxiety. I've been dismayed that movie wise, he lost his mojo after about 1980. Most everything after that was scattershot or even bad. But he got some Broadway mojo with The Producers and (again) Young Frankenstein. So good for him. Even though his glory years were only about 10 years in the movies, his career is much more than that, and he deserved the honor he got this week.



Edited to add one of my favorite scenes from the overlooked High Anxiety.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...