Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Rachel Maddow on the Importance of Reporting on Wingnuts

In the two-and-a-half years I've been doing this blog, I've focused on a lot of wingnuts. From Sarah Palin to Michelle Bachmann to Glenn Beck and everyone at FOX "News", a good chunk of my nearly 6,000 posts have been about wingnuts, and the spew of crazy unleashed by them nearly every day. So, why do I do it? Why give them the attention they so obviously crave?

Rachel Maddow encapsulates pretty well the reason why I--and she--like to shine a spotlight on the crazy train. Because to ignore them is to let them gain acceptance for their nutty ideas.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...