Friday, January 29, 2010

Apple iPad: Maxi, Mini or USB?


As I've said before, I'm something of an Apple-phobe (MacPhobe? iPhobe?). After many years on the PC platform in the graphics industry--the sign industry being nearly exclusively PC--I have had many run-ins with obnoxious Mac artists. So it isn't an entirely irrational stance on my part. But for a liberal, I am staunchly against change in this area.

That doesn't mean that I don't recognize that some iProducts are kinda nifty. They've got a built-in "cool" quotient. But I do notice that the coolness wears off as soon as version 2.0 or the iSomethingNewer comes out. Remember the toilet seat iBook? Yeesh. And I get annoyed by products that are overly simplified. I like figuring out how things work, I don't need them to assume that I'm iStupid.

So I watched with a wary eye as the newest iThing, the iPad was introduced. OK, so it's a touch-screen computer with no keyboard. Um, OK. It's snazzy and stuff, but I'm a touch typist. No problem, it has an optional plug-in keyboard! Which makes it a touch-screen desktop computer. Whatevs, y'all. I'm probably missing the boat here, and it's going to be the wave of the future. Or something. But where have I seen that name before?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...