Monday, November 3, 2008

An Answer for all of the "We Can't Trust Obama" Claims

For months, I've been seeing and hearing about those stupid email hoaxes, alleging all kinds of nefarious things about Barack Obama. Lately, a "truthier" version of those emails have been going around, this time using real (or half-true) tidbits to plant doubt in "uninformed" voters' minds. To my way of thinking, many of these undecideds are probably either hard-core Republicans who are trying to justify voting Democrat, or they are people who are (possibly sub-consciously) racists looking for a different label to hide behind. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

The writer of the piece excerpted below got just such an email, from a former employer. At the risk of burning his bridges, he answers every claim in the email--and answers them well. It's pretty late in the campaign for this to help you with your acquaintances who pass these along, but hey, they may be out in force tomorrow! It's well worth a read, in any case.

[Excerpt]

In Which I Burn All Bridges to My Former Boss

An email came to me by a circuitous route the other day. Normally I would pass on responding to something like this--particularly since the specifics have been rebutted by others more effectively than I dilitentte such as I could ever manage.

But this one is special--it comes from a person that I worked with very closely for many years. This person was a veteran of business affairs. A longtime senior executive. And I was his right hand. . .


Read more at: Talking Points Memo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...