Friday, November 14, 2008

Blast from the Past: The 1983 Television Season

Usually, when I do one of these Blast from the Past posts, I have to come up with a theme, do some research, seek out YouTube clips. . .it's really a lot of work. But I happened upon a four-clip batch of videos with a ready-made theme! And it reminds me of something I did back in 1986.

VCRs were newly cheap, and I was a single guy living in my first apartment. Not dating at the time, I had a lot of free time on my hands and very little money. So, I watched a lot of TV, and video tapes. At the start of the 1986 TV season, I got the idea to tape the opening theme songs from all of the shows I could. Why? Well, the free time thingy, and the fact that I've always liked TV themes. I still have the tape, but I'm afraid it might break if shoved into our "antique" VCR.

Somebody else had a similar idea, obviously, because they took the time to put together these clips from the 1983 TV season. They're kind of cool to watch, some for the memories, and some for the absolute lack of memories. Anybody remember For Love and Honor? How about Boone? Me neither! Anyway, here they are, the shows of 1983. . .




Shows include, in this order: The Fall Guy, Webster, Cutter to Houston, Hardcastle & McCormick, One Day At A Time, Emerald Point NAS, Oh Madeline, Whiz Kids, Dynasty, Hotel, Scarecrow 7 Mrs. King, The Mississippi, Remington Steele, The Facts of Life, Trauma Center, 9 to 5, Mr. Smith, Manimal, Silver The Rousters, First Camera, Boone, Just Our Luck, Happy Days, Gimme A Break, We Got It Made, For Love & Honor, Jennifer Slept Here, Bay City Blues, Automan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...