Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gays and Straights March to Protest Proposition 8


Image from source, Towleroad

I didn't go to tonight's Las Vegas protest over the California Proposition 8 passage. I kinda wanted to, wanted to be part of the movement. And considering that I got married in Palm Springs this June, I probably should have gone. I actually feel kind of lame for skipping it. I hope they had a huge turnout anyway.

It turns out that I'm more of a armchair (OK, desk chair) advocate. I give money to the causes, and I blog about them, but I'm not much of an "in person" advocate. Maybe I should change that. I'm proud of the people who are doing this, and I hope that they are successful in changing public opinion, or at least in showing our numbers. And I'll try to be there next time. Promise.

Read all about the protests happening all over the country here: Gays and Straight Allies Protest for Marriage Equality Across Nation


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...