Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blogiversary! 3 Years! Best Month Ever!

Oddly, my third anniversary is marked by a month that starts with almost no posts. Not my fault! We had a triple birthday celebration to attend, and there was just no time to post anything earlier.  But I have to thank all of my regular readers, and anyone else who has happened by for a spectacular month.

May was a huge month for Greenlee Gazette, marking double--or even triple--any previous month for visitors.  For the big blogs, this would have been a disappointing month to say the least, but for me? 6,000+ visitors in a month? Outstanding!  I'm not sure what it was exactly, but people are suddenly reading my writing, and I'm pretty jazzed about it.

I'm still a long way from being destination reading on the interwebs, I know that. But I'm also a long way from my inauspicious start three years ago, when I didn't expect more than a handful of readers in any given week.  My dream of starting a weekly feature that people put on their calendars still hasn't happened. Life sort of gets in the way.  But I'm proud to have lasted this long, and I'm happy that others have helped me out along the way.  I'm a little burned out some days, a little tired of it all sometimes. But I'm nowhere near ready to give it up.  In fact, this past month has fired me up if anything.

So if you like what you've seen, please come back, and as always, bring your friends!  And if you really like what you've read, or really hate it, leave me a comment or an email. I respond to almost anybody! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...