Sunday, June 20, 2010
Time to Mess With Texas: State GOP Platform Crazy
Right now in Nevada, the GOP is busily scrubbing and polishing Sharron Angle (Harry Reid's competitor for Senate) into something resembling a mainstream candidate. She's not, she's a prototypical tea bagger. But check out the Texas state GOP's platform, and see if you can find any differences between their wacky notions, and Angle's (Well, besides gambling. She's from Nevada, and she might be crazy, but not that crazy). Methinks the GOP has a lot more to worry about than just Angle's kooky beliefs.
Texas GOP Platform Calls For Making It A Felony To Perform Gay Marriages
. . .Here's more of the platform:
• Banning the use of red light cameras.
• Making American English the official language of Texas and the United States.
• Passing legislation requiring a sonogram for each pregnant woman seeking an abortion.
• Opposing legislation allowing stem cell research involving the creation of killing of human embryos for medical research.
• Calling for the immediate transition to a system of private pensions and gradually phasing out the Social Security tax.
• Calling for the repeal of the state lottery and opposing any further legalization of any type of gambling. . .
Read more at: Joe.My.God.