Saturday, August 28, 2010

One More Beckapalooza Post

Image from source, Wonkette
Because the photo and the headline are so funny. . .

[Excerpt]

GLENNBECKPALOOZA: Glenn Beck’s Slob Picnic About What You’d Expect

It was Colonial Williamsburg staff day at Glenn Beck’s GlennBeckPalooza! Show up in your work uniform and get a 60-pack of Hot Wings for just $4.99! Guess who didn’t remember his work costume? Wonkette’s new drive-time “shock jock” Riley Waggaman! . . .


Read more at: Wonkette

EDITOR'S NOTE: So, this thing was allegedly not political, right? So why are those people dressed like they're going to a tea bagger rally?

4 comments:

  1. 300,000 for the conservative Beck and 3000 for the liberal Sharpton. Hmm, sounds like more people like Beck. (I am not in that catagory as I have never listened to his radio or TV show)
    But, to get 100,000 in one place at one time is pretty impressive, not matter what side of the aisle they are on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that number to be less than a third of that, but it really doesn't matter. After all of the hype surrounding this "event," the crowd SHOULD have been huge. But the vagueness of its purpose, and its lack of anything incendiary or revelatory probably won't give it much historical value.

    I'm still curious what sort of "miracle" may have come out of it, given the stress that Beck put on that word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think they over hyped the event. Hell, I didn't even know about the event until Friday. but I don't watch or listen to beck or the others. I guss Hannity was here this weekend as well. I guess I am not getting the memos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh noes, Dan! Have they blacklisted you for being friendly with a lefty like me? Hah! Yeah, contrary to some online opinions, we lowly local bloggers don't get the "talking points" from either side, do we? :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...