Monday, March 31, 2008

Secretary of HUD Resigns


Photo from source, TPM Muckraker

We Americans have become pretty forgiving when it comes to politicians. I'm not talking about a second chance for breaking the law--that's reserved for Republicans for Republicans. I just mean that when a politician gives an obviously false reason for leaving office, we shrug and accept it. Leaving "to spend more time with my family" has become a catch-all excuse for everything from "I'm leaving because I got caught with a prostitute" to this case, "I'm leaving because I got busted mishandling funds."

[Excerpt]

Jackson Bows Out to "Attend More Diligently to Personal and Family Matters"

The Bush administration's top housing official, under criminal investigation and intense pressure from Democratic critics, announced Monday he is quitting.

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alphonso Jackson said his resignation will take effect on April 18. . .

Read more at: TPM Muckraker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...