Monday, March 24, 2008

Sirius and XM Satellite Radio Companies to Merge


Image from source, CNN Money

I don't have, never have had, and have no desire for satellite radio. I already pay a friggin' fortune for the rest of my entertainment choices, and that is just one step to far for me. So, I really have no dog in this fight.

But the argument that it doesn't cut competition when the only two satellite radio companies in the United States merge, I gotta call bull shit.

[Excerpt]

XM-Sirius merger approved by DOJ

The U.S. Justice Department approved the merger between satellite radio companies Sirius and XM Monday, more than a year after the two companies first announced their deal.

But for fans of Howard Stern, Opie & Anthony and other Sirius and XM on-air personalities, there are still many questions about how much a combined Sirius-XM service will cost and what programs they'll be able to hear. Plus, Sirius and XM face one more regulatory hurdle before the deal can officially be completed. . .

Read more at: CNN Money

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...