Sunday, December 28, 2008

Israel, Hamas, Gaza and the Clueless WASPy Blogger


Photo from source, Huffington Post

It's amazing how fast "blog time" goes compared to real time when you're on vacation. My intention has been to post a couple of things every day, even in these dog days of blogging over the holidays. But Sunday just slipped right by me! Of course, we had friends over, and were entertaining most of the day. Still, I was surprised to find that I had posted almost nothing for Sunday.

The biggest story going right now is the Hamas/Israel Gaza fight, and I'll confess to it being sooo far off my radar, I have nothing particularly wise or sage to add. I don't know why anybody wants to live there, so I'm puzzled why people put themselves in harm's way. There are many things about deeply-held religious feelings and beliefs that I'll never understand. Still, it is important enough that I feel some mention be made of it, so here you go.

[Excerpt]


Israel widened its deadliest-ever air offensive against Gaza's Hamas rulers Sunday, pounding smuggling tunnels and government strongholds, sending more tanks and artillery toward the Gaza border and activating thousands of reservists for a possible ground invasion. . .

Read more at: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...