Friday, December 19, 2008

Rachel Maddow's Take on Obama's Choice of Rick Warren

I haven't gotten too energized about the Barack Obama/Rick Warren flap. Obama's picked uber-popular preacher Warren to give his invocation at the inauguration. And Warren happens to equate gay relationships with incest and pedophilia. Oh, and he helped to pass California's Proposition 8.

I should be outraged. But to be honest, as an atheist-leaning agnostic, I'm opposed to the invocation and benedictions anyway. Any preacher makes me tune out, whatever it is. So, while I agree that Warren is a bad choice, and that Obama is rightly in hot water with many of his constituents, I've chosen not to make it a rallying cry here on the blog.

Still, when a person gives a spectacular editorial on the matter, it does make me pay attention. Check out Rachel Maddow's take on the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...