Friday, December 12, 2008

Rachel Maddow: GOP vs. American Workers

When the topic came up about the Big Three automakers between my (Republican) mother and me, she immediately said, "It's the Union's fault." This didn't surprise me much. Neither did her comment about the auto workers' $70+ per hour wage, a figure that has been debunked (and nonetheless repeated endlessly by the right). Mom has a right-wing muse, though I'm not sure if its name is Limbaugh, Hannity, or just FOX "News."

And the right wing has a well established anti-Union bias. I myself have never been in a union (though The Other Half is), and can't exactly say that I'm a fan. But the blood lust with which the right goes a-union-busting is nearly evidence enough to convince me that they're wrong. And when they try to legislate American wages down to better match foreign companies, I've got to scratch my head, and issue a Scooby-Doo "Hunh?"

Rachel Maddow talked about this on the Thursday night edition of her show. And, like Cenk Uygur, she says it better than I. And you've got to dig that graphic behind her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...