Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rachel Maddow Show: History of Conflicts in Gaza

If you're like me, Israeli politics are one big mystery, and one squabble there sounds pretty much like any other. Not being Jewish, or even remotely religious, I don't think about Israel much when they're not in the news. And I don't really "get" it when they are in the news. I don't side with either Palestinians or Israelis, because I don't understand how either side's claim to the land is valid, just because of their respective religions. And I don't really understand why either side wants to claim it, given all the strife, and death and destruction occurs there on a regular basis.

That's why I'm glad there are smarter people out there, like MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, to explain it to me. Watching this program makes my brain swell like the Grinch's heart. Unfortunately, even though Ms. Maddow and her guests do a great job explaining the stuff, it doesn't always sink in the first time. So maybe I'll watch this again, along with you. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...