Saturday, December 27, 2008

'Twas Two Days After Christmas. . .


'Twas two days after Christmas, and all through the blogs, the hit counters weren't ticking, they were sleeping like dogs. . .

Seriously, I haven't had traffic this low since I started this blog 19 months ago. I knew that traffic would slow after the election. I knew that it would fall even more over the holidays, when people have other things to do. But right now, if you are reading this, you are probably alone in the world.

The world! Billions of people could find things I've posted--over 4,000 posts--and do you know how many have in the last 24 hours? Thirty-nine. That's sobering. So, while I've felt a little guilty for not posting much in a few days, I'm not sure there would be much of a point anyway. I see why the other big blogs have either slowed to a trickle, or are hibernating. I just worry that if I take too much of a break, I'll fall out of the habit. And this hobby has been too much fun for me to let it whimper and die.

So, over the next few days, I'm going to try and find something interesting every day. It might be two or three posts, but it will be something. In fact, before bedtime (I'm writing this in the wee hours), I intend to find something interesting to share. And with a little luck, a few lonely blog readers out there will find and enjoy it. Say hello, won't you? Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...